A bunch of Christians who play Ultimate Frisbee got together recently and chucked around ideas that might help establish and grow a community of Christians in the sport. There are other Christian people around who play, but we don’t all know each other, and many find the culture at tournaments a little difficult at times to reconcile with their faith and practice.
I was in on that discussion.
To get things rolling, we’ve put together a site and a web forum as a means of helping people find out who other Christians are, chat, organise to meet up at tournaments, pray for one another, and a bunch of other things. It may go in different directions. We’ll see.
The aims that we chucked around were the following:
- Get discussions running on any questions about the Christian faith
- Get to know other Christians in the frisbee community.
- Give each other some accountability during tournaments. (Not in a bad way, but you know)
- Ask about how to handle situations that come up regarding conflicts between frisbee and faith
- Introduce topics for study, ie. we could have continuous threads running about various sections of the bible
- Have general fellowship with each other
- Make online prayer requests… if that’s not too awkward for people.
- Introduce new people to the concepts and beliefs of Christianity
- Challenge each other to really show God’s love to everyone!
It’s kinda primarily aimed at those who play at a tournament level, but open to anyone in the frisbee scene. No, you don’t have to be a Christian to join (but understand that this is what we’re on about).
If this sounds like something you might be keen to be a part of, check it out. Sign up, contribute.
And let me know what you think.